PILGRMR is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information you provide to us. Please take a moment to read the details of our privacy statement, which outlines the type of information, collected on our websites or when you submit it to us and how we use and protect it. We have found that collecting personal information (as such defined below) through or website, helps us better understand the products and services most helpful to you and enhances your overall shopping experience.
Non-personal identification information
Non-personal information is information concerning the manner in which you access our websites. This information includes the type of browser you use, your computer’s operating system, the name of your Internet Service Provider as well as the pages you visit and links you click. Non-personal information is automatically collected when you access our websites.
Non-personal information is also used to diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information and to administer our website. Such information does not allow us to personally identify you.
What is personal information?
Personal information is virtually any information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and financial information.
Collection of personal information
Your personal information is unknown to us unless you voluntarily submit it. Personal information is collected from you in number of ways, including the following:
- When you register with us for example to enter our contests, join our mailing lists or become our privileged customer, you may be asked for personal information such as, but not restricted to, your contact information (name, telephone numbers, e-mail address, mailing address), date of birth, product concerns, which brands and products you use, security information (user name and password).
- When you are asked additional marketing-related questions by completing questionnaires, surveys and profile data to help us better understand your needs and those of potential customers.
- When you are requested to give your delivery and billing address, credit card number and expiration date when you place an order.
Purpose of collecting personal information
- We use your personal information to open, maintain, administer and service your user’s account or your membership.
- The personal information you provide to us will be used in order to better know and understand you, respond to your needs and expectations and to contact you for various promotional purposes, such as sample offers, new product updates as well as sending you other promotional and product information.
- We may also use your personal information for specific purposes, such as: product sample requests, returning a product, receiving newsletters or surveys, or notifying you that you have won a contest. If you provided us with your e-mail address, we may direct e-mail to you for specific purposes, such as receiving a welcoming e-mail to confirm registration or our e-mail newsletters. This information is also requested to verify your identity and maintain security.
- Furthermore, when you call us or contact our consultants with questions, inquiries or comments, your personal information is essential for us to respond to your comments or requests and make the appropriate follow-up.
Children and privacy
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we will never request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information from our files.
Links to other websites
While we encourage our third party advertising and promotion partner to follow appropriate privacy policies, we are not responsible for their actions or policies. These third parties include, but are not limited to, organizations who purchase advertising space on the Site, including interstitial advertisements that may appear on our home page.
The collection of Personal Information by solutions will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes which it identifies. If the Personal Information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time it is collected. Solutions will collect Personal Information by clear, fair and lawful means.
Limiting collection, use or disclosure of personal information
We limit our collection of personal information to what is reasonable under the circumstances. Your data will only be used and disclosed for the purposes identified to you.
Retention of personal information
We keep your personal information as long as it is needed in order to fulfill the purposes to which you consented to and always for a reasonable period of time. We will make sure that your information is updated regularly, in order to maintain its accuracy and completeness.
We will keep your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. You may request access to your Personal Information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your Personal Information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus).
Should we keep a file concerning you, we take all security and safety measures and reasonable precautions as are appropriate to ensure the confidentiality of your file and protect your personal information both online and offline.
We will collect, use or disclose your Personal Information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of Personal Information being collected, used or disclosed:
- We will obtain your express consent (e.g. verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive Personal Information such as personal financial information;
- We will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information where (i) express consent has previously been given or (ii) where the purpose of using the Personal Information is reasonably apparent to you.
We will not make your consent a requirement to the supply of a product or a service other than required to be able to supply the product or service.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. we will inform you of the implications of doing so.
Limitation of liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PILGRMR.COM , THE STORE OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF THESE ENTITIES HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION, UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THE SITE.
Openness and access